Most women will have some menstrual irregularity in their reproductive years. It may occur at puberty or later on in life as you approach menopause. It is also not uncommon for women to experience pain which can occur around the time of your periods or when you ovulate. Dr. Singh is able to guide you regarding various gynaecological situations and institute appropriate evaluation and intervention if required.
Dr. Singh is able to provide advice and treatment of
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Polycystic Ovarian syndrome
- Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding
- Fibroids and polyps
- Pelvic pain and Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Cervical screening
- Ovarian cysts
- Vulval Skin disorders
When should I see Dr. Singh?
- If you suffer from menstrual problems, then it is best to see her when you are not having a period as an examination during your period may be painful. But she can still see you to start treatment immediately if required. Please call our rooms to discuss with Claire or Jodie
- Dr. Ruchi Singh is able to offer various treatments as required including
- Contraceptive procedures like insertion of IUD or tubal ligation
- Minimal Access Surgery on the uterus -Hysteroscopy to remove polyps and resection of submucus fibroids ( fibroids which are closer to the lining of the uterus)
- Endometrial ablation to treat menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
- Endoscopic procedures to treat ovarian cysts, endometriosis and to evaluate pelvic pain
- Advanced endoscopic procedures like Hysterectomy – removal of the uterus
- Oopherectomy – removal of the ovaries or Salpingectomy to remove diseased tubes
Dr Singh is able to provide most of the services provided by general gynaecologists. She does colposcopy for abnormal smears but works closely with her gynaecological oncology colleagues if a higher grade lesion is suspected. She is able to offer colposcopy only at Knox Private hospital or Epworth Eastern.